Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Pastor James Timothy Freeman

     I just related the story of Jon taking me to a church in an old motorcycle shop, well, this church was pastored by James Timothy Freeman, he was a younger man than I, but he had such a great love for the word of God. When he spoke he was very thorough with the scriptures. He has a heart for the spiritual wellbeing of the people God has entrusted to him.
     Many times he and his wife Sheila sacrificed their own well being for Gods people. He took jobs like a security guard standing in the cold rain & fog all winter. he did this more than one year. He would be there day or night for anyone in the church that needed counseling. He and his wife would go out of their way for people that treated them so wrong , but the Freeman's wanted their souls saved, and helped them in their time of need. Being a Pastor is nothing like the portrayal you see on television, standing in the doorway smiling saying. see you next sunday ? a Pastor is in the trenches fighting the battle day by day. Once I was very sick at Christmas time working and living on a Christmas tree lot. I stayed in a little trailer to discourage tree theft. Pastor Freeman came by and gave me a lesson on the candlestick in the Holy Place, and it was so interesting and full of types and shadows, and that lifted my spirit and lightened the pain and discomfort of being ill. I know he asked God what to talk with me about because it was the best medicine for me at that time. I hope your pastor is as just and fair as mine. Like a football player, God calls the play and he does his best to carry out his assignment.
     See the Photo of my Pastor below.
please feel free to comment on this or any other topic on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment