Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Facebook Friend


I wanted to take the time to tell you about a friend I've been blessed with since I've been on facebook. Her name is Heather Jeanette Jensen - Siebens, and she is such a lover of God.
From the first time we communicated I knew I was talking with someone very special. There is no visiting her page without leaving it desiring to draw closer to God. She is Bright & Beautiful, Intelligent with a great wit, Creative, has such a zeal for life and such a upbeat personality. Inspiring, and Committed to our Lord Jesus. Heather is more flexible than Gumby (a Gymnast) I hurt just thinking about the things she can do.
She has had Brain Surgery 3 times, and is in pain most of the time. She has her whole story about her illness posted on facebook, twitter and on her blog Alive in me. If you read it, you will be as in awe as I am. She has a wonderful Spiritual daughter Tory, mature for her age and as cute as a button. A husband Christian, a good man and the love of her life, After Jesus of course. And a brother Troy, they are so connected you would think they were joined at the hip.
I really value Heather's friendship, and as yet have not had the pleasure of standing face to face with her. If the Lord wills someday it shall come to pass, until then, I will have to be content speaking with her this way. I have heard people give facebook a bad rap, but I would have to say they haven't met the good people I have. They are all as cool water flowing from an artesian well.
P.S. Heather is very ill right now, so if you are a praying person, pray for her recovery and that her pain will vanish, this is a very serious and urgent request, Thank You

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Tom and you have captured our dear Heather beautifully! It takes a tender-hearted soul like yours to love and affect others the way you do and I am very blessed to know you! This is inspirational and will do much to stimulate even more prayers on Heather's behalf and to pray for the author as well, who obviously loves the Lord and his friends very specially! Love you my brother in Christ! Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are the one thru HIM and a few other very amazing souls--that when my body is killing and the seizures start up again, and I feel life is just falling apart--and my little girl has more "fun" time with her non-biological daddy--and not the mom who saved her from my ex completely forever... the mom that used to do everything, drive her everywhere, is pretty house bound. But thru the nights I cry at Jesus, with a wall between us, as for my faith grows weary and I swear I can do this better without Him. I always get a painful tug, and a very large direct talk from everything that all of a sudden is all around me. Jesus. He places His fingerprints on everything I touch. And I feel Him. And I bawl, after yelling at my husband for being gone so long on his trip for his work-- while I suffer here... He lifts me back up-cleanses me with 1000's of tears-and all of a sudden I see His face, feel His touch, His love and He comforts me--I am never alone, He does have plans thru every desert and valley--then climbing up a rough rocky mountain--that seemingly has NO END!!! And He tells me the race is still going--and all I need to do is get up again-as He passes me HIS baton again---for me to hand to another thru this rough race... bringing someone else along to His Kingdom, thru all this suffering. With that, I look back at all I've been thru, and know-if I've done all that, why would I quit now!!! Thru it all--I praise Him for all of these amazing friends I have--thru HIM-and the personality He blessed me with. I thank Him for guiding you to me!! You are a gem straight from His hands--will never parish--will just shine absolutely shinier up in His Home, for us!!! I love you Thomas, and pray to meet you and your beautiful wife--THIS YEAR!!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete