Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Face book Friend Libby Baker Sweiger

How can I express the joy of finding Libby, she is such a wonderful child of God. She is very well educated, very independent and work oriented and has her own business. She is currently writing a book, which runs in the family. Her dad, William D. Baker is an accomplished author. I have read one of his books, "THE GUIDE SHOOTS FIRST"and enjoyed it very much. I am so much looking forward to Libby's book. She has a way with words that bless me and make me want to be better and step up my pace on this pathway we are on. She has been a major encouragement to me, and I love my sister for it. You can see her love for God all over her face and in her eyes. Libby has held my hand through this whole facebook experience, new things frustrate me and I shut down when I don't understand, so I appreciate that she was willing to make it easier for me. You know, you can tell a lot about people in the way they treat their parents, long after they have left the nest. If you go to Libby's page you can see her beaming with happiness in the photos with her family. I go back occasionally and check them out again, it cheers me to see the warmth. I haven't talked a lot with her husband Mike, but I know he is the strong center of the family. They are so well matched, and have been together for quite a long time. I heard they met when Libby's horse threw a shoe, and Mike came by and being a good cowpoke screwed it back on, and aired it up or whatever they do. ;^) just kidding! Anyway, they have a daughter which is the sweetest, most wonderful young lady in the state of Minnesota. Did I mention she's a hockey player. I won't tease her cause a balding man with a puck wedged in his forehead, well, let's just say that would be a minus and I'm already ugly. Also because of Libby I have been friended by so many true hearts, Heather, Mary, Meghan, just to name a few of those beautiful people. I will have to plan a trip back there, hopefully the weather will take a brake one of these days.

3 comments:

  1. She is my best friend from Twitter to Facebook to Blip to Blog to MN to shopping to necklace making to just absolute fun--young fun between two older ladies. We kick the 20 yr old's bottoms just jetting around town, shopping for each other... taking care of each other. She has a heart that no one can explain, except Jesus once they have lived thru her selfless life--her focus, no matter how she feels, is like Christ, always on the friend. And this is how I know our friendship is real. She is always right at the scene of pure joy to share the happiness and have it grow with her heart there too!! Or with tough times--she is there quicker--to reach out-let you know she is there for you... and will fight the fight til the end with you!! She is my hero.... always. I am having Libby withdrawals!!!!!
    I Love you Miss Libby!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A wonderful child of God"... I simply could not have said that better.

    libbyxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooo much, Tom...you are way to kind, but I appreciate this more than I can say. I'm glad I was helpful in your transition to Facebook, didn't know you needed any. You are so funny and kind -- a Social Media natural. Love your blog,too. So happy you are my brother in Christ! You too Dave...what a blessing you are! And HEATHER! LOVE YOU GIRL! Happy Anniversary today! You are my forever friend! We will always be sisters of the heart! xxoo MISS you SOOO much! Love all three of you to pieces as we say in my family! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete